What to expect
The VALCHLOR prescription process may be different from what you’ve experienced with other prescription medicines.
When your doctor writes a VALCHLOR prescription for you, the two of you will fill out and sign a form that authorizes a specialty pharmacy to fill your prescription and ship VALCHLOR directly to your home. A nurse from the specialty pharmacy will call you to arrange delivery and answer questions you may have about your prescription. Please note that VALCHLOR is not available at your local pharmacy.
VALCHLOR Support™ provides a range of services to help you start and stay on therapy, including financial assistance for eligible patients. In addition, a VALCHLOR Support representative is available by phone to answer your questions and arrange refills if your doctor orders them.
If you are privately insured, VALCHLOR is covered by most health plans*
- If eligible, you will pay no more than $10 per prescription fill in out-of-pocket co-pay costs for VALCHLOR†
Offer not valid if your prescription is paid for by any federal or state subsidized healthcare program that covers prescription drugs, including Medicare (Medicare
Part Dprescription drug benefit), Medicaid, Medigap, VA/DoD (Tricare), Indian Health Service, or similar federal or state programs
- If you don’t have a prescription plan, you may be eligible for a patient assistance program
- If your insurance coverage is limited, alternative funding resources may be available
The specialty pharmacy sends VALCHLOR to you under refrigerated conditions. Once you receive your VALCHLOR, please follow these instructions1:
- Store VALCHLOR in the refrigerator between 36°F and 46°F (2°C and 8°C)
- Keep VALCHLOR away from food in the refrigerator
- With clean hands, place VALCHLOR in the box it came in and return it to the refrigerator right after each use
- Talk with your pharmacist before you use VALCHLOR that has been outside of the refrigerator for more than 1 hour in a day
- Safely throw away any VALCHLOR that is not used within 90 days. Unused VALCHLOR, empty tubes, and used disposable nitrile gloves should be safely thrown away in household trash
- Keep VALCHLOR and all medicines out of the reach of children
*Formulary status is subject to change. Some plans may require prior authorization.
†The VALCHLOR co-pay program is only available for residents of the US and Puerto Rico who are 18 or older and have commercial health insurance with co-pay/co-insurance exceeding $10 per prescription fill. Patients ineligible for the VALCHLOR co-pay program include those enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DoD (Tricare), the Indian Health Service, or any other federal- or state-funded healthcare program, or where prohibited by law. The VALCHLOR co-pay program is not prescription drug coverage or insurance. Helsinn reserves the right to terminate or modify this program at any time or without notice. Other terms and conditions apply.